With the big reveal of Sony’s PS4 behind us now, Nintendo kept the ball rolling with a new Nintendo Direct Japan this morning. From crazy mech fighting to new JRPGs, Nintendo has shown us their continuing support and love for the 3DS.
And although it wasn’t a big blowout announcement like last week, plenty of new trailers, information and release dates were shown for Japanese gamers to look at in awe. Keep in mind that the dates listed below are for Japan, which unfortunately means that some of the games shown today may never reach the west coast.
- Tomodachi Collection set to release on April 18. It involves playing mini-games, socializing, and collecting Nintendo memorabilia.
- The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages and The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons are coming to the Virtual Console on Feb. 27.
- Shaun the Sheep episodes are hitting the 3DS eShop.
- New trailer and information for Professor Layton and the Azran Legacies, available Feb. 28.
- Touch Detective gets a block matching puzzle game spinoff.
- Ghost World Watch, a Level-5 RPG, was showed. It features a young boy and turn based combat.
- New Dragonball card game called Dragonball Heroes: Ultimate Mission available Feb. 28.
- Super Robot Taisen UX brings explosive mech combat to the 3DS. Available March 14. Includes popular Japanese icon, Hatsune Miku. A 3DS LL Bundle is also set to come out.
- New Castlevania: Lords of Shadow – Mirror of Fate video shows more of Alucard, Gabriel and Trevor. Available March 20.
- Guild02, a collection of various games, showed off the first-person horror game ALONE, tanks fighting ants in Mushikera Sensha and a 10 year old kid witnessing giants fighting in Kaijuu ga Deru Kinyoubi.
- Atlus showed off a new trailer for Shin Megami Tensei IV. Set to release May 23. A limited edition Shin Megami Tensei IV 3DS was also announced.
- Capcom is giving Monster Hunter 3G players the ability to play simultaneously between Wii U and 3DS. This comes standard for Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate.
- Monster Hunter 4 got plenty of airtime, showing its monsters and fluid combat. Coming out in “Summer 2013″.
- A very quick talk about Dragon Quest X closed the show.