Nintendo is still going strong with the year of Luigi and has brought along plenty of new information about already announced games, along with a few new announcements.
Some of the announcements also confirm that some of what they said from their Japanese Nintendo Direct is making the trip overseas, like all three of Level 5′s Guild02 titles.
The biggest surprise however was the announcement of a sequel to The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past. Much like the original, the new game will play in a top down view, but will implement 3D elements and an interesting gameplay element where you can become a drawing and move against the walls. Keep an eye out for it this holiday season.
Make the jump to see today’s announcements.
- Mario & Luigi: Dream Team is coming out August 11 and will offer plenty of opportunities for the brother to do timed attacks. Both screens are used uniquely and together as you have to interact with sleeping Luigi’s face in the bottom screen to solve puzzles in top screen.
- Mario Golf: World Tour is coming out in the summer of this year, as the title implies, the game will offer competitive online gameplay across the globe, where you can play tournaments with others players and upload your scores online. There will also be local multiplayer.
- Mario Party 3DS will come with 81 minigames that uses the 3DS’s capabilties, such as AR cards, and will have 7 boards, each with their own sets of rules, such as one where you have a rocket ship and collecting boost bonuses will multiply your dice roll.
- New gameplay confirms that Luigi in New Super Luigi U is regaining his ability to jump higher than his brother, and that ability will be used across the levels.
- Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D is releasing on May 24 and is the same game that was offered on the Wii, but with the addition of New Mode, which adds some elements to make the game a bit easier and faster for the shorter gameplay nature of the 3DS. Co-operative gameplay through local wireless connection is also being added.
- New Yoshi’s Island is coming out for 3DS. This signifies only the third installment in the series that began on SNES.
- Mario and Donkey Kong: Minis on the Move will have 180 stages across 4 different modes, along with the ability to create and download stages.
- The Wii U Spring System Update is coming out next week, which will improve some loading times, let you copy and move data and will let you download and update even when the console is off.
- Game Boy Advance and Nintendo 64 games are planned to be added to the Virtual Console in the future.
- Wii U Panorama view will let you experience various sights.
- The Winged Pikmin has been introduced as a new Pikmin type for Pikmin 3.
- As requested by thousands of fans, Earthbound shall be getting a Virtual Console release.
- Game and Wario will make use of the game pad through various types of minigames.
- As a prequel to the Wii U version, Lego City Undercover: The Chase Begins follows Chase as he tackles his first case as a rookie cop.
- Animal Crossing: New Leaf is coming out June 9 and is receiving a $219.99 hardware bundle.
- The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of ages and The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons is coming out to the Virtual Console on May 30 and will retain the connectivity of both games.
- Bravely default flying fairy is coming out in 2014 and will offer unique RPG elements, such as the ability to skip a turn to do more damage later.
- Professor Layton and the Azran Legacies brings 500 new puzzles and is the climactic ending to the series’ second trilogy.